Selena Quintanilla-Pérez was an American singer, songwriter, spokesperson, model, actress, and fashion designer. Called the Que…
Selena Quintanilla-Pérez was an American singer, songwriter, spokesperson, model, actress, and fashion designer. Called the Queen of Tejano music, her contributions to music and fashion made her one of the most celebrated Mexican-American entertainers of the late 20th century. Billboard magazine named her the "top Latin artist of the '90s" and the "best selling Latin artist of the decade". Media outlets called her the "Tejano Madonna" for her clothing choices. She also ranks among the most influential Latin artists of all-time and is credited for catapulting a music genre into the mainstream market.
- Lived: Apr 16, 1971 - Mar 31, 1995 (age 23)
- Height: 5' 5" (1.65 m)
- Spouse: Chris Perez (m. 1992 - 1995)
- Awards: Grammy Award for Best Mexican/Mexican-American Album (1994)· ALMA Award for Outstanding Album (1995)
- Education: American School of Correspondence · California Miramar University
- Movies: Don Juan DeMarco · Selena Live: The Last Concert