This is a place devoted to giving you deeper insight
into the news, trends, people and technology behind Bing.
One year ago today, we launched Bing. It’s been a whirlwind 12 months, with the team shipping tons of new cool features aimed at making it easy and fast to make key decisions and just get stuff done.
We wanted to take a short break to say thanks. Thanks to all our customers who have used the service, sent feedback, become partners, told us where we can do better, read our blog, retweeted our tweets, and just generally supported us in this 1st year of our journey.
It’s an incredibly humbling thing to have had the opportunity to participate in so many interesting and important conversations with you, either at big industry events like SMX, Web 2, TED, SES, etc., or here at the blog, in Facebook and Twitter.
We shipped lots of fun stuff, and saw our competitors do some pretty impressive things, reminding us what a great industry we have the opportunity to work in.
We know we have lots more to do, and we are lucky to have supporters out there encouraging us to keep pushing search in new directions. We are already hard at work to bring you more experiences that are smarter about your intent, and deliver real knowledge to help you complete complex tasks and make better decisions. There’s lots of cool computer science and useful feature work to come.
We hope you guys will keep on top of us, driving us harder, giving us great feedback to make Bing better and better in the months and years ahead.
Thank you all, we’re looking forward to another amazing year in search.
Yusuf Mehdi, Senior Vice President, Online Audience Business Group
Other posts of interest:
The sound of found: Bing!
Good stuff.... And congrats on the first year.
Incidently, the bing.com/twitter and bing.com/reference pages seemed a bit screwy over the past few days. Also the "back to galleries" links on the Visual Search have disappeared too (which was useful)... I'm assuming you're rolling out new features in these sections, but thought I'd let you know.
Looking forward to seeing what you guys do next.
well done guys, and keep the innovations coming, things can only get better!
Great job guys, keep up the great work. Speaking of which, when are we getting that spring update? Summer is coming soon and it won't be a Spring update anymore.
Well done bing!
Hey y bing is concentrating on only 13% of the worlds internet population(U.S)?I don't think u can achieve much without dealing with the rest 87%.
And the web crawler bing uses,damn it Suc**.Really.The results are like 1 month old.In internet terms its zillion years :)
thank you very much
congrats to all members too.
© 2013 Microsoft