This is a place devoted to giving you deeper insight
into the news, trends, people and technology behind Bing.
Last fall, we hosted a group of lifestyle and design bloggers at the Bing headquarters to better understand their search and social media habits. What we discovered is a community that does more than its fair share of image searches, with much of it tied to Pinterest. They shared some of the hassles they face, and that finding efficient ways to hunt down original, high-resolution images and filtering image results were some of their pain points.
That’s why, today, we’re excited to introduce the “Pin to Pinterest” feature on Bing image search. Now, you can pin image results directly from Bing to your favorite Pinterest boards. . Whether you’re gathering inspiration for a home decorating project, a Memorial Day BBQ, or a summer vacation, it’s never been easier to find more pictures and keep track of the ones you love most. See something that catches your eye? Just one click and it’s saved to your Pinterest board.
Pinning from Bing is designed to be as effortless as possible:
· Simple and Lightweight: There’s no need to install another bookmarklet in your browser, one click and you’re good to go.
· Link to Original Content:Bing automatically links and gives proper attribution to the original, high-resolution source, saving you the hassle of tracking it down yourself.
· Powerful Search Tools: Take advantage of the full breadth of Bing image search tools like sorting and filtering by size, color, layout, and more. You can even do image search within a specific website, for example, see all “summer dresses” on Anthropologie.com.
Below are a few examples of how you can use Bing to find apparel, cooking, travel and home décor images from specific sites and pin them directly to your Pinterest boards. Click on each link to see how Bing can help you spend less time searching and more time enjoying and sharing your Pinterest collections.
· “summer dresses” site:anthropologie.com
· “swimsuit” site:nordstrom.com
· “memorial day party recipes” site:snackpicks.com
· “grill recipes” site:seriouseats.com
· “beach vacation” site:tripadvisor.com
· “road trip” site:lonelyplanet.com
· “decorating ideas” site:westelm.com
· “kitchen decor” site:potterybarn.com
To get started, go to www.bing.com/images and search for something you’re interested in, click on a picture you like, hit the Pinterest button to pin, sign in once and pin all you want to your board.
- Chen Fang, Program Manager, Bing
© 2013 Microsoft