This is a place devoted to giving you deeper insight
into the news, trends, people and technology behind Bing.
MSN and Florence & the Machine Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: MSN and Florence & the Machine Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are at least twenty-one (21) years old at the time of entry. Employees of Microsoft Corporation, ePrize, LLC, and their parent and affiliate companies as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s and Administrator’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning the prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
2. Sponsor: Microsoft Corporation, One Microsoft Way, Redmond, WA 98052.
Administrator: ePrize, LLC, One ePrize Drive, Pleasant Ridge, MI 48069.
3. Timing: The Sweepstakes begins on April 10, 2012 at 12:00 p.m. Pacific
Time ("PT") and ends on April 12, 2012 at 11:59 p.m. PT (the "Promotion
Period"). Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the
4. How to Enter: During the Promotion Period, visit www.twitter.com and log-in or create a
Twitter account. Creating a Twitter account is free. After creating or
logging-in to your Twitter account, “follow” @msn on Twitter. During the
Promotion Period retweet the Sweepstakes tweet from @msn including the hashtag
#msnflorence and you will automatically receive one (1) entry into the
Sweepstakes. Limit: Each participant may enter one (1) time during the
Promotion Period. If you post updates to or receive updates from www.twitter.com via SMS from your wireless
phone, your wireless-service provider may charge you for each text message you
send and receive. Please consult your wireless-service provider regarding its
pricing plans. All terms and conditions of www.twitter.com apply. Multiple entrants are
not permitted to share the same Twitter account. Any attempt by any entrant to
obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different
Twitter accounts, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods
will void that entrant's entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Use of
any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in
disqualification. In the event of a dispute as to any Twitter account, the
authorized account holder of the email address used to register at www.twitter.com will be deemed to be the
entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email
address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other
organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated
with the submitted address. The potential winner may be required to show proof
of being the authorized account holder.
5. Grand Prize Drawing: Administrator is an independent judging organization whose decisions as to the administration and operation of the Sweepstakes and the selection of the potential winner is final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Administrator will randomly select the potential Sweepstakes winner from all eligible entries received during the Promotion Period, on or around April 13, 2012. The potential winner will receive a direct message from @msn to the Twitter account used to enter the Sweepstakes. In order to receive the direct message, your account settings must be set to "unprotected" and/or "public" and you must be a follower of @msn. Potential winner must follow the prize claim instructions included as part of the direct message within the required time or prize will be forfeited in its entirety. Except where prohibited, the potential winner will be required to sign and return a Declaration of Compliance, Liability and Publicity Release, which must be received by Administrator within twenty-four (24) hours of the date notice or attempted notice is sent, in order to claim his/her prize. If the potential winner cannot be contacted, or fails to sign and return the Declaration of Compliance, Liability and Publicity Release within the required time period, the potential winner forfeits the prize. In the event that the potential winner is disqualified for any reason, Administrator will award the prize to an alternate winner in a random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries. Only three (3) alternate drawings will be held, if time permits, after which the applicable prize will remain un-awarded.
6. Prize: ONE (1) GRAND PRIZE: A trip for two (2) to Las Vegas, NV to attend the Florence & the Machine concert on April 21, 2012. Trip package includes round trip, coach-class air transportation for two (2) from a major airport near winner’s home (determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion) to Las Vegas, NV; two (2) nights' accommodations at a hotel determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion (single room, double occupancy); ground transportation to and from airport and hotel; two (2) tickets to the Florence & the Machine concert on April 21, 2012 (terms and conditions of tickets apply), and access for two (2) to the concert after-party. Winner must travel on the dates determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion or prize will be forfeited. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Sponsor will make reasonable efforts to select travel times acceptable to winner. Trip subject to availability and blackout dates. Travel must be round trip. Sponsor will determine airline and flight itinerary in its sole discretion. No refund or compensation will be made in the event of the cancellation or delay of any flight. Travel and accommodations are subject to availability. Travel is subject to the terms and conditions set forth in this Sweepstakes, and those set forth by the Sponsor’s airline carrier of choice as detailed in the passenger ticket contract. All expenses and incidental travel costs not expressly stated in the package description above, including but not limited to, ground transportation, meals, incidentals, gratuities, passenger tariffs or duties, airline fees, surcharges, airport fees, service charges or facility charges, personal charges at lodging, security fees, taxes or other expenses are the responsibility solely of winner. Travel companion must be twenty-one (21) years of age or older as of the date of departure and must travel on same itinerary and at the same time as the winner. Travel companion must execute liability/publicity releases prior to issuance of travel documents. Travel restrictions, conditions and limitations may apply. If in the judgment of Sponsor air travel is not required due to winner’s proximity to prize location, ground transportation will be substituted for round trip air travel at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor will not replace any lost, mutilated, or stolen tickets, travel vouchers or certificates. Sponsor is not responsible if concert or after-party is delayed, postponed or cancelled for any reason, in which event that portion of prize is forfeited in its entirety and no substitution will be provided except as in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): $2,975. Actual value may vary based on airfare fluctuations and distance between departure and destination. Winner will not receive difference between actual and approximate retail value. Prize is non-transferable and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the prize or a component thereof for one of equal or greater value if the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason. Winner is responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use. Odds of winning a prize depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Promotion Period.
7. Release: By receipt of the prize, winner agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsor, Administrator, and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and each of their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
8. Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes each winner’s consent to Sponsor’s and its agents’ use of winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or hometown and state for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration.
9. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules of this or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
10. Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; (5) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen mail; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. If for any reason an entrant's entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the Sweepstakes, if it is possible. If the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, is discontinued for any reason, Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible prize claims.
11. Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan (Southern Division) or the appropriate Michigan State Court located in Oakland County, Michigan; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Michigan without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Michigan or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Michigan.
13. Winner List: For a winner list, visit http://bit.ly/GYOZIe. The winner list will be posted after winner confirmation is complete.
© 2012 ePrize, LLC. All rights reserved.
ABBREVIATED RULES for TV and Radio
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES (D.C.) 21 AND OLDER. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. Sweepstakes ends 4/12/12. For Official Rules, and complete details, visit http://on-msn.com/Hw3bW2. Sponsor: Microsoft Corporation.
ABBREVIATED RULES for Print
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES (D.C.) 21 YEARS AND OLDER. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. Sweepstakes ends 4/12/12. http://on-msn.com/Hw3bW2. Sponsor: Microsoft Corporation, One Microsoft Way, Redmond, WA 98052.
Abbreviated rules for online Ads – Banner
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Ends 4/12/12. To enter and for Official Rules, visit http://on-msn.com/Hw3bW2.
Abbreviated Rules for online Ads – Not a Banner
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Legal residents of the 50 United States (D.C.) 21 years and older. Ends 4/12/12. To enter and for Official Rules, including odds, and prize descriptions, visit http://on-msn.com/Hw3bW2. Void where prohibited.
© 2013 Microsoft