This is a place devoted to giving you deeper insight
into the news, trends, people and technology behind Bing.
Bing “#BingCW Headshots” SWEEPSTAKES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY
On May 18th, 2012, Bing will host the “#BingCW” sweepstakes on the @Bing Twitter account. @Bing will announce the sweepstakes tweet and followers must meet the following minimum requirements in their response tweet:
· RT the official contest tweet for entry
Eleven (11) winners will be selected at random to win an autographed headshot of Misha Collins, star of The CW Network television series Supernatural. The following information details the sweepstakes terms and conditions.
COMMON TERMS USED IN THESE RULES:
These are the official rules that govern how the Bing “#BingCW” promotion will operate. This promotion will be simply referred to as the “Sweepstakes” throughout the rest of these rules.
In these rules, “we,” “our,” and “us” refer to Microsoft Corporation, the sponsor of the Sweepstakes. “You” refers to an eligible Sweepstakes entrant.
WHAT ARE THE START AND END DATES?
This Sweepstakes starts at 9:00 AM Pacific Time (“PT”) on 5/18/12, and ends at 5:00 PM PT on 5/18/12 (“Entry Period”). Entries must be received within the Entry Period to be eligible for the drawing.
CAN I ENTER?
You are eligible to enter this Sweepstakes if you meet the following requirements at the time of entry:
· You are a legal resident of the 50 United States and District of Columbia, and are 18 years of age or older.
o If you are 18 years of age or older, but are considered a minor in your place of residence, you should ask your parent’s or legal guardian’s permission prior to submitting an entry into this Sweepstakes; and
· You are NOT an employee of Microsoft Corporation or an employee of a Microsoft subsidiary.
· You are NOT involved in any part of the administration and execution of this Sweepstakes; and
· You are NOT an immediate family (parent, sibling, spouse, child) or household member of a Microsoft employee, an employee of a Microsoft subsidiary, or a person involved in any part of the administration and execution of this Sweepstakes.
· Employees, directors, officers, and representatives of The CW Network, LLC, Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc., CBS Corporation, their respective parent and member companies and subsidiaries, Series’ production entities, affiliates, distributors, divisions, broadcast affiliates, or prize suppliers for the Promotion are not eligible to enter the Promotion or win the offered prize. In addition, family members of (whether living in the same household or not) and those living in the same household as (whether related or not) any such employees, directors or officers are not eligible to enter this Promotion or win the offered prize. For the purposes of the Promotion, family members are defined as spouse, mother, father, in-laws, grandmother, grandfather, brother, sister, children and grandchildren.
This Sweepstakes is void outside of the geographic area described above and wherever else prohibited by law. All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply.
HOW DO I ENTER?
To enter, you must do all of the following:
· Sign in to your Twitter account. If you do not have an account, visit www.twitter.com to create one. Twitter accounts are free.
· On the day of the sweepstakes, an official sweepstakes tweet will be posted, prompting you to “RT THIS” to enter. You have until the end of the Entry Period to submit a response to the Sweepstakes question.
All terms and conditions of Twitter.com apply.
By retweeting an official contest tweet, you will automatically receive one (1) entry to the Sweepstakes. You are limited to one (1) entry per person/twitter ID during the Entry Period.
We are not responsible for entries that we do not receive for any reason, or for entries that we receive but are not decipherable for any reason.
We will automatically disqualify:
· Any incomplete or illegible entry
· Any entries that we receive from you that are in excess of the entry limit described above
· Any entry that contains profanity and/or is deemed defamatory
WINNER SELECTION AND PRIZES
Prize: Eleven (11) winners will be selected from among all eligible entries received during the Entry Period in a random drawing to win an autographed headshot of Misha Collins, star of The CW Network television series Supernatural.
If the notification that we send is returned as undeliverable, or you are otherwise unreachable for any reason within one (1) hour of the date and time notified, you will forfeit the prize and we may award the prize to an alternate, randomly selected winner. We will draw alternate winners as necessary to award all prizes.
If there is a dispute as to who is the potential winner, we will consider the potential winner to be the authorized account holder of the account used to enter the Sweepstakes. If you are a potential winner, we may require you to sign an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability/Publicity Release before being awarded a prize. If you are a potential winner and you are 18 or older, but are considered a minor in your place of legal residence, we may require your parent or legal guardian to sign all required forms on your behalf. If you do not complete the required forms as instructed and/or return the required forms within the time period listed on the winner notification message, we may disqualify you and select an alternate, randomly selected winner.
If you are confirmed as a winner of this Sweepstakes:
WHAT ARE YOUR ODDS OF WINNING?
Your odds of winning this Sweepstakes depend on the number of eligible entries we receive.
WHAT OTHER CONDITIONS ARE YOU AGREEING TO BY ENTERING THIS SWEEPSTAKES?
By entering this Sweepstakes you agree:
· To abide by these Official Rules; and
· To release and hold harmless Microsoft, and its respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, employees and agents from any and all liability or any injury, loss or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with this Sweepstakes or any prize won; and
· To release and hold harmless The CW Network, LLC, Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc., CBS Corporation, and its respective parent and member companies and subsidiaries, Series' production entities, affiliates, distributors, divisions, and broadcast affiliates from any and all liability or any injury, loss or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with this Sweepstakes or any prize won; and
· That Microsoft’s decisions will be final and binding on all matters related to this Sweepstakes; and
· That by accepting a prize, Microsoft may use your proper name online and in print, or in any other media, in connection with this Sweepstakes, without payment or compensation to you, except where prohibited by law.
WHAT LAWS GOVERN THE WAY THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS EXECUTED AND ADMINISTRATED?
This Sweepstakes will be governed by the laws of the State of Washington, and you consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the courts of the State of Washington for any disputes arising out of this Sweepstakes.
WHAT IF SOMETHING UNEXPECTED HAPPENS AND THE SWEEPSTAKES CAN’T RUN AS PLANNED?
If cheating, a virus, bug, catastrophic event, or any other unforeseen or unexpected event that cannot be reasonably anticipated or controlled, (also referred to as force majeure) affects the fairness and/or integrity of this Sweepstakes, we reserve the right to cancel, change or suspend this Sweepstakes. This right is reserved whether the event is due to human or technical error. If a solution cannot be found to restore the integrity of the Sweepstakes, we reserve the right to select winners from among all eligible entries received before we had to cancel, change or suspend the Sweepstakes.
If you attempt to compromise the integrity or the legitimate operation of this Sweepstakes by hacking or by cheating or committing fraud in ANY way, we may seek damages from you to the fullest extent permitted by law. Further, we may ban you from participating in any of our future Sweepstakes, so please play fairly.
WHO IS SPONSORING THIS SWEEPSTAKES?
One Microsoft Way
Redmond, WA 98052
© 2013 Microsoft