This is a place devoted to giving you deeper insight
into the news, trends, people and technology behind Bing.
I just opened Bing Webmaster Tools this morning and saw that you had updated it, but unfortunately I can't access it for some reason(s):
1. First it's asking me to instal Silverlight, which I alreay have on my computer,
2. I downloaded it anyway just to make sure it's not a version issue, installed and restarted Firefox but it wouldn't detect that I have silverlight installed on my machine,
3. So I choose the other option which is "Maybe Later", but this link points at http://www.bing.com/webmaster/dl/Sites.aspx , which for some reason may be rewritten at your server level and returns another 200 header status pointing at http://www.bing.com/webmaster (The original page).
So I was caught in a loop and in the meantime I can't access webmaster tools for my sites.
4. I tried to access it via IE 8, which worked,until I tried to add a new site which returned a 404 error:http://www.bing.com/webmaster/error/404.aspx?aspxerrorpath=/WebmasterErrorPage.aspxThe Add URL feature worked but View Bing Index also returned a 404.
5. I tried to access it via Google Chrome 5.0.375.99 which also returned a 404 but different: http://www.bing.com/webmaster/error/404.aspx?aspxerrorpath=/WebmasterHomePageRedirect.aspx
Can you please investigate these issues?
Just checked out the new webmaster tools as well. Why are we being asked to upload another sitemap? What happened to our existing sitemaps? Not that they did much good, I guess...Bing indexed not even 25% of what Google indexes.
Can't they just hire some millionaires from Google (who exercised their stock options) to fix/get this thing up and running properly?
© 2013 Microsoft