- Get more rewards points with Microsoft Edge
Microsoft Edge is the only browser that lets you earn free rewards for browsing the web. Earn points for every hour of active browsing with Microsoft Edge.
- What is active browsing?Active browsing occurs when both of these conditions are met:
- Microsoft Edge browser is in view on your desktop and the icon is highlighted on the taskbar (see image), and…
- You’re actively engaging with the browser - whether that's checking your email, searching with Bing, or even watching a full-screen video.
- What data is collected?
- The browse & earn program collects the total time spent actively browsing on Microsoft Edge in order to credit your account. Click here to view the Microsoft Privacy Statement.
- The program doesn't track which websites you visit or sell your information to third parties.
- How many points have I earned this month?
Points earned today will be updated on your rewards dashboard the next day. The monthly earning cap is reset the last day of the calendar month at 11:59 PM your local time.
- The Browse & Earn program requires Microsoft Edge running on Windows 10. Customers using Windows 10 Enterprise, Education or Pro editions may have their ‘Diagnostic and usage data’ disabled by their IT department.
*Bing must be set as your default search engine on Microsoft Edge to earn points through this program. Click here to learn how to change your default search engine on Microsoft Edge.
- Click here to learn how to check which version of Windows 10 is installed on your device.
- To check if usage data has been disabled, go to Start, then select Settings > Privacy > Feedback & diagnostics. Look at the drop down menu under Diagnostic and usage data. If the menu is set to Security, your IT department has disabled sharing usage data and this device is not eligible for the program.