antiques, television, and telephone. Breakfast, featuring seasonal fruit and fresh-baked breads, is served daily in the paneled dining room. Guests may enjoy sitting outside on the two wicker-decorated porches or in the garden. There is parking on the grounds and easy access to public transportation to San Francisco and San Jose. The Inn is part of the quiet residential neighborhood of Professorville. Downtown Palo Alto's restaurants, shops, and people watching are a two minute walk from the Inn.
- Feb 28, 2014 · Staying here several days whilst visiting Stanford.Have a lovely big room in the house next door.If you need everything swish and modern, this won't be for you.But if you like some older style fur... Full review
- Oct 13, 2013 · Very comfortable, quiet, private B&B.Location is very close to downtown, but is in a quiet neighborhood.The gardens are lovely.I had to be up early so I missed breakfast both days, but I really en... Full review
Sweet B&B in beautiful Palo Alto
- Oct 09, 2013 · I would gladly rank it ZERO if I could. I made my reservations far in advance and received a written confirmation for a 2-night stay. Four days before departure on my business trip to Palo Alto I ... Full review
Stay away from this place
- Sep 18, 2013 · Cramped, unhelpful staff, no cooling during summer, no service after evening, no trash disposal, poor wifi/no wifi, 1 set of keys for which replacement cost is $150. Communal bathrooms, low ceilin... Full review
The worst, most overpriced and under kept bed and breakfast ive been to in California.
- Aug 25, 2013 · I have stayed at the Cowper Inn close to a dozen times over the last three years.Not only is the location incredibly close to downtown Palo Alto and an easy walk to Stanford, the Inn itself is cha... Full review
Many great stays at beautiful B&B
- Aug 05, 2013 · Charming, convenient, clean, bedrooms pleasantly verging on "shabby chic," and with parking on the premises, The Cowper Inn B & B is a fine place to stay close to University Avenue shops, restaura... Full review
Just about Everything Going for it.
- Jun 05, 2013 · I have been traveling to Palo Alto for business and waited several weeks for there to be an opening in the Cowper Inn.I arrrived and found that my room was in the basement - AKA garden level.The v... Full review
Great location - don't sleep downstairs
- Jun 04, 2013 · Charming, very well-located inn on quiet street just a few steps from the heart of Palo Alto.As a family of four, we were given a room with full kitchen atop the garage in back - the Carriage Hous... Full review
Great for visiting Stanford
- Apr 23, 2013 · We stayed two night in March at the Inn, really quite nice. Very friendly service. The two buildings, former single family residences are older, the rooms are a bit funky in that they are also old... Full review
Nice B & B in Palo Alto
- Feb 17, 2013 · From the outside, the two houses look charming.From the inside, the place varies QUITE A BIT.Our room was in the house next door, not the main house with the front desk and the breakfast room, whi... Full review
DISENCHANTING, NEEDS RENOVATION
- Nov 10, 2012 · We have just returned from a two day stay at the Cowper Inn. The best thing by far, is the location. It is maybe two blocks to a nice shopping area. It took us about 25 minutes to walk to the Stad... Full review