Richard Milkovich has recently joined forces with Maitre d’ Chris Templin and Chef Tzu Chiang. Chef Tzu Chiang has refined his skills in some of the Bay Area's top restaurants. 231 Ellsworth presents a world-class wine list of eight hundred selections emphasizing California and French offerings. The bar pours an exceptional array of libations and signature cocktails as well as carefully selected list of wines by the glass. In the bar, guests are offered the dining room menu and are also invited for late evening treats.
Popular menu items
- Mar 02, 2010 · 231 Ellsworth has officially replaced Parcel 104 on my top 5 special occasion dining list (Peninsula & South Bay edition).I was requested by higher power to show some very important friends of my ... Full review
Get Ready for a 5 Stars Dining Experience
- Apr 16, 2008 · My husband and I finally had a chance to dine here last week. Everything was incredible! We got there early, but had a chance to look at the menu in the window. They were not 100% ready at 5:30, b... Full review
Listen to the waiter! Awesome experience, food, service...total package
- Sep 08, 2007 · We, a large party, had a variety of dishes.Some had the 3-course tasting menu, which included an ahi starter, flat iron steak main course, and the chocolate cake for dessert.The ahi was average;th... Full review
- Aug 30, 2007 · 231 Ellsworth is sometimes considered San Mateo's best restaurant (its main competition probably being... Full review
Very solid and interesting...but doesn't go beyond
- Oct 17, 2006 · My wife and I just celebrated our anniversary at 231 Ellsworth, I must say that it was the nicest meal that we have had in a long time. We will certainly be back and more often.\r Full review
Don't wait for a special occasion !
- Sep 25, 2006 · Yes, there are many establishments that can serve a fine meal, but none, in my opinion, can compare with 231 Ellsworth.What sets them apart from the others?Attention to detail.The food is a tapest... Full review
Attention to detail
- Sep 25, 2006 · I've eaten at 231 Ellsworth many times, and have always had an amazing dining experience there. The wonderful combinations that the Executive Chef, Tim Hilt puts together are just fabulous..I espe... Full review
An awesome dining experience
- Sep 23, 2006 · Over the years, we've eaten at 231 Ellsworth on numerous occasions, sometimes for special events, but just as many times, if not more, simply because it's good.Having dined there over the last cou... Full review
231 Ellsworth is a Culinary Delight
- Sep 22, 2006 · Why drive into the city when you can have a dining experience like this right in San Mateo? 231 Ellsworth sets the standard for fine dining on the Peninsula. With a wine list to die for, gracious ... Full review
World-Class Dining Right In San Mateo!
- Aug 26, 2006 · This is one of the most disappointing dining experiences I've ever had.After reading many good reviews, my wife and I decided to go to 231 Ellsworth for our anniversary dinner.I had the five cours... Full review
No reason to dine here when San Francisco is only half an hour away
- Jul 13, 2006 · The 3-course and 5-course were excellent. Wide variety of food - ahi sashimi was very tasty and fresh. Followed by Lobster with fava beans. Poussin on pudding offered a nice mix of textures. Lamb ... Full review
Excellent fine dining value - great mix of tastes and texture