plus Trout Fishing in the Arkansas River. The Woodland Motel has been AAA Approved Two Diamonds for over 25 years without ever a single complaint. It was voted the Best Motel in 2010 and 2012 by the Best of Salida, received the Best Commercial Christmas Lighting Award for 2010 from the Mountain Mail and also received a Commercial Landscaping Award from the Salida Chamber of Commerce. The Woodland Motel has 18 Units including Singles, Doubles, Efficiencies and 1-2 bedroom Condos. All the Units have new 32” Flat Screen TVs. Nine have Full Kitchens with full-size appliances, kitchen table, microwave, toaster, coffee maker, all the cooking utensils and pots and pans you might need, everything right down to the salt and pepper. Three other Units have refrigerators and microwaves. Five of the Units have Living Rooms with a sofa-trundle bed that turns into two regular twin-size beds. All the rooms have Free Wi-Fi in addition to Hard Wired Hi-Speed Cable. The rooms have new capped bedspreads, pillow shams and matching valences. Walls have framed photographs depicting local scenes. There is an Outdoor Spa with jets that go up and down your back and a Gas Barbeque Grill. In every Unit there is a Guest Guide that the Staff has compiled that describes everything to do within two hours of Salida. It also lists all the retail stores and restaurants with their hours and specialties. The Staff is happy to recommend things to do and places to eat depending on the guests’ interests. They are also ready and willing to help with other needs such as medical, mechanical and more.
- 10/22/2013We do like surprises when we travel and so to travel with no itinerary or plans or knowledge is our usual modus operandi.I was beginning to wish we used my friend's method of calculating everythin... More
- 10/16/2013Heading back from 10 days in The awestruck and Midwest, we found ourselves in Salida as the day of driving from Utah wound down. Having read reviews we opted for the Woodland so we called. Cathy w... More
Trip Advisor Reviews Helped Make our Decision
- 10/16/2013We stayed at the woodland with our dog over a recent 3 day weekend. The room was very clean, and the staff was incredibly nice! The price was great, I think we paid $70 a night for a queen room an... More
Nice price, close to downtown
- 9/28/2013We stayed at the Woodland Motel because it is close to where our son and family live. I asked for a small room - #20 fit our bill! The room and bathroom were immaculate; the front desk person gave... More
Just what we wanted!
- 9/26/2013We planned a 3-day vacation in Salida and booked a room at Woodland.They brought our dog a bed and a treat.Unfortunately, the rain of the century began the day we arrived.It was obvious we would n... More