explanation we've heard is that the amalgamated of the spices in garam masala increases body temperature, a pleasant warm glow you might feel after eating a dish savored with it. It does however usually include some black pepper and cinnamon or cassia which carry some heat. Almost all Indian and restaurants offer "Americanized Indian and Pakistani food" in "ethnic Indian ambience" at exorbitant prices. The concept behind Garam Masala restaurant is to offer home style cooking taste in affordable price.
Popular menu items
- 2/26/2014There is no Pakistani place in Portland so whenever I go to Seattle visit Pakistani joints for food not available in Indian restaurants.I had tried Naan -N- Curryin Renton and was really disappointed. Garam Masala was lot better. I had Nihari one day and buffet the other day. Both were good. The Egyptian guy a … More
- 2/7/2014Love the paneer tikka masala! The pudding is also delicious! Quick, friendly service, too! More
- 1/30/2014I used to really enjoy this restaurant, I have been here maybe 4 times previously and enjoyed it greatly. I hadn't eaten here in at least 6 months and this time I received horrible customer service. When I arrived home with my take out (Mutter Paneer and Chicken Masala with Naan bread) I got about 3 bites into my … More
- 1/5/2014My cup and fork were covered in old food, there was a thick black hair on my plate, the food was bland, i ordered medium spice and there was no hint of spice.This is a fine place for a college student, and that's about it. More
- 1/4/2014Great food, great service and fair prices. I've only gone for the lunch buffet, but that's brought me back many times. Love this place. More