Red Hot Chili Peppers
Red Hot Chili Peppers are an American funk rock band formed in Los Angeles in 1983. The group's musical style primarily consists of rock …
Red Hot Chili Peppers are an American funk rock band formed in Los Angeles in 1983. The group's musical style primarily consists of rock with an emphasis on funk, as well as elements from other genres such as punk rock and psychedelic rock. When played live, their music incorporates elements of jam band due to the improvised nature of many of their performances. Currently, the band consists of founding members vocalist/rhythm guitarist Anthony Kiedis and bassist Flea, longtime drummer Chad Smith, and former touring guitarist Josh Klinghoffer. Red Hot Chili Peppers are one of the best-selling bands of all time with over 80 million records sold worldwide, have been nominated for sixteen Grammy Awards, of which they have won six, and are the most successful band in alternative rock radio history, currently holding the records for most number-one singles, most cumulative weeks at number one and most top-ten songs on the Billboard Alternative Songs chart. In 2012, they were inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
- Lead singer: Anthony Kiedis (Since 1983)
- Movies: Live at Slane Castle · Making of Red Hot Chili Peppers' 'Dani California'
- Tours: Red Hot Chili Peppers 2013–2014 Tour · Blood Sugar Sex Magik Tour· Stadium Arcadium World Tour · Californication Tour · One Hot Minute Tour · Red Hot Chili Peppers 1984 Tour · By the Way World Tour
- Awards: Grammy Award for Best Rock Album (2007) · Michael Jackson Video Vanguard Award(2000) · Grammy Award for Best Hard Rock Performance (1993) · Grammy Award for Best Rock Performance by a Duo or Group with Vocal (2007)
- Nominations: Grammy Award for Album of the Year (2007)· Grammy Award for Best Music Video (2007) · MTV Video Music Award for Video of the Year (2006, 2000, 1992) · MTV Video Music Award for Best Rock Video (2006) · MTV Video Music A…