Louisiana is a state located in the southern region of the United States. Louisiana is the 31st most extensive and the 25th most populous of th…
Louisiana is a state located in the southern region of the United States. Louisiana is the 31st most extensive and the 25th most populous of the 50 United States. Its capital is Baton Rouge and largest city is New Orleans. Louisiana is the only state in the U.S. with political subdivisions termed parishes, which are the local government's equivalent to counties. The largest parish by population is East Baton Rouge Parish, and the largest by total area is Plaquemines. Louisiana is bordered by Arkansas to the north, Mississippi to the east, Texas to the west, and the Gulf of Mexico to the south.
- Population: 4.67 million (2015)
- Area: 52,271 sq miles (135,382 km²)
- Governor: John Bel Edwards
- Colleges and universities: Louisiana State University · University of Louisiana at Lafayette· Tulane University · Louisiana Tech University · Grambling State University · Southern University and A&M College · University of Louisiana at Mon…
- Capital: Baton Rouge
- Senators: Bill Cassidy · John Neely Kennedy