Louisiana is a state in the southeastern region of the United States. It is the 31st in size and the 25th most populous of the 50 Unite…
Louisiana is a state in the southeastern region of the United States. It is the 31st in size and the 25th most populous of the 50 United States. Louisiana's capital is Baton Rouge and its largest city is New Orleans. It is the only state in the U.S. with political subdivisions termed parishes, which are the local government's equivalent to counties. The largest parish by population is East Baton Rouge Parish, and the largest by total area is Plaquemines. Louisiana is bordered by Arkansas to the north, Mississippi to the east, Texas to the west, and the Gulf of Mexico to the south.
- Population: 4.68 million (2016)
- Area: 52,271 sq miles (135,382 km²)
- Senators: Bill Cassidy · John Neely Kennedy · Ted Kennedy
- Capital: Baton Rouge
- Colleges and universities: Louisiana State University · Tulane University· University of Louisiana at Lafayette · Louisiana Tech University · Grambling State University · Southern University and A&M College · University of Louisiana at Mon…
- Governor: John Bel Edwards