Yangon is the capital of the Yangon Region of Myanmar, also known as Burma. Yangon served as the capital of Myanmar until 2006, whe…
Yangon is the capital of the Yangon Region of Myanmar, also known as Burma. Yangon served as the capital of Myanmar until 2006, when the military government relocated the capital to the purpose-built city of Naypyidaw in central Myanmar. With over 7 million people, Yangon is Myanmar's largest city and its most important commercial centre.
- Population: 7.36 million (2014)
- Weather: 77°F (25°C), Mostly Cloudy · See more
- Travel tip: Yangon (formerly known asRangoon) is no longer the capital of Myanmar, but it has experienced a huge increase in tourism recently. Book early, as hotel rooms are sometimes … tripadvisor.com
- Area: 231.18 sq miles (598.75 km²)
- Colleges and universities: University of Yangon · University of Medicine 1, Yangon· University of Medicine 2, Yangon · Dagon University · Yangon Technological University · University of East Yangon · University of Nursing, Yangon · Defence Service…
- Mayor: Maung Maung Soe