More from Bing News
Yangon is a former capital of Myanmar and the capital of Yangon Region. It also served as the Capital in Exile of Azad Hind. Y…
Yangon is a former capital of Myanmar and the capital of Yangon Region. It also served as the Capital in Exile of Azad Hind. Yangon is the country's largest city with a population of nearly six million, and is the most important commercial centre, although the military government officially relocated the capital to Naypyidaw in March 2006.
- Local time: 11:22 AM 7/24/2016
- Population: 5.21 million (2013)
- Travel tip: Yangon (formerly known as Rangoon) is no longer thecapital of Myanmar, but it has experienced a huge increase in tourism recently. Book early, as hotel rooms are sometimes hard to find! While you’re in town, …
- Area: 231.18 sq miles (598.75 km²)
- Colleges and universities: University of Yangon · University of Medicine 1, Yangon· University of Medicine 2, Yangon · Dagon University · University of East Yangon · Yangon Technological University · University of Nursin…