Bo Xilai is a former Chinese politician. He came to prominence through his tenures as the mayor of Dalian and then the governor of Liaon…
Bo Xilai is a former Chinese politician. He came to prominence through his tenures as the mayor of Dalian and then the governor of Liaoning. From 2004 to November 2007, he served as Minister of Commerce. Between 2007 and 2012, he served as a member of the Politburo and Communist Party Secretary of Chongqing, a major interior municipality. In 2013, Bo was found guilty of corruption, stripped of all his assets, and sentenced to life imprisonment.
- Born: Jul 03, 1949 (age 68) · Beijing, China
- Spouse: Gu Kailai (m. 1986) · Li Danyu (m. 1976 - 1984)
- Children: Bo Guagua (Son) · Li Wangzhi (Son)
- Education: Chinese Academy of Social Sciences (1979 - 1982) · Peking University (1978 - 1979)
- Party: Communist Party of China
- Previous offices: Communist Party Secretary of Chongqing (2007 - 2012)· Minister of Commerce of the People's Republic of China (2004 - 2007) · Politics of Liaoning (2001 - 2004) · Mayor of Dalian (1993 - 2000)