Chubby Checker is an American singer-songwriter. He is widely known for popularizing the twist dance style, wit…
Chubby Checker is an American singer-songwriter. He is widely known for popularizing the twist dance style, with his 1960 hit cover of Hank Ballard's R&B hit "The Twist". In September 2008 "The Twist" topped Billboard's list of the most popular singles to have appeared in the Hot 100 since its debut in 1958, an honor it maintained for an August 2013 update of the list. He also popularized the Limbo Rock and its trademark limbo dance, as well as various dance styles such as the fly.
- Born: Oct 03, 1941 (age 74) · South Carolina, United States
- Net worth: $4 million USD (2016)
- Children: Mistie Bass (Daughter) · Shan Egan (Son) · Ilka Evans (Daughter) · Bianca Evans(Daughter)
- Awards: Grammy Hall of Fame Award (2000) · Grammy Award for Best Contemporary Song(1962) · Rhythm and Blues Foundation Pioneer Award (2006)
- Member of: Chubby Checker and the Fat Boys
- Education: South Philadelphia High School