Trending on Bing
Homer Jay Simpson is a fictional character and the main protagonist of the American animated sitcom The Simpsons as the patriarc…
Homer Jay Simpson is a fictional character and the main protagonist of the American animated sitcom The Simpsons as the patriarch of the eponymous family. He is voiced by Dan Castellaneta and first appeared on television, along with the rest of his family, in The Tracey Ullman Show short "Good Night" on April 19, 1987. Homer was created and designed by cartoonist Matt Groening while he was waiting in the lobby of James L. Brooks' office. Groening had been called to pitch a series of shorts based on his comic strip Life in Hell but instead decided to create a new set of characters. He named the character after his father, Homer Groening. After appearing for three seasons on The Tracey Ullman Show, the Simpson family got their own series on Fox that debuted December 17, 1989.
- Quotes: D'oh!· Let's just say that on this day, a million years ago, a dude was born who most of us think was magic. But others don't, and that's cool. But we're probably right. Amen. · I never apologize. I’m sorry, but that’s just the way I am.
- Children: Bart Simpson · Lisa Simpson · Maggie Simpson
- Related TV shows: The Simpsons
- Parents: Grampa Simpson · Mona Simpson
- Creator: Matt Groening
- Place of Birth: Springfield
Text under CC-BY-SA license