Minecraft is a sandbox video game created and designed by Swedish game designer Markus "Notch" Persson, and later fully developed and p…
Minecraft is a sandbox video game created and designed by Swedish game designer Markus "Notch" Persson, and later fully developed and published by Mojang. The creative and building aspects of Minecraft enable players to build constructions out of textured cubes in a 3D procedurally generated world. Other activities in the game include exploration, resource gathering, crafting, and combat. Multiple gameplay modes are available, including a survival mode where the player must acquire resources to build the world and maintain health, a creative mode where players have unlimited resources to build with and the ability to fly, an adventure mode where players can play custom maps created by other players, and a spectator mode where players can freely move throughout a world without being affected by gravity or collisions. The PC version of the game is noted for its modding scene, where a dedicated community creates new gameplay mechanics, items, and assets for the game.
- Release date: Oct 07, 2011
- Developers: Mojang · Microsoft Studios · 4J Studios
- Publishers: Mojang · Microsoft Studios · Sony Computer Entertainment
- Designers: Markus Persson · Jens Bergensten
- ESRB rating: E10+ for Everyone 10 and older
- Platforms: Xbox One · Xbox 360 · Android · PlayStation 3 · PlayStation 4 · Windows Phone· Wii U · iOS · Apple TV · Raspberry Pi · Fire OS · Nintendo Switch · Amazon Fire TV · PlayStation Vita · Universal Windows Platform