Sir James Paul McCartney, CH, MBE is an English singer-songwriter, multi-instrumentalist, and composer. He gained worldwide fam…
Sir James Paul McCartney, CH, MBE is an English singer-songwriter, multi-instrumentalist, and composer. He gained worldwide fame as the bass guitarist and singer for the rock band the Beatles, widely considered the most popular and influential group in the history of pop music. His songwriting partnership with John Lennon is the most celebrated of the post-war era. After the group disbanded in 1970, he pursued a solo career and formed the band Wings with his first wife, Linda, and Denny Laine.
- Born: Jun 18, 1942 (age 75) · Liverpool, England
- Height: 5' 11" (1.80 m)
- Spouse: Nancy Shevell (m. 2011) · Heather Mills (m. 2002 - 2008) · Linda McCartney(m. 1969 - 1998)
- Partner: Jane Asher (1963 - 1968)
- Children: James McCartney (Son) · Stella McCartney (Daughter) · Mary McCartney
- Nominations: Grammy Award for Best Rap Song (2016) · Grammy Award for Song of the Year(1983, 1971, 1969, 1967, 1966, 1965) · Grammy Award for Best Pop Performance by a Duo or Group with Vocals (1983, 1975, 1974) · Grammy Award for B…