Vanessa Lynn Williams is an American actress, singer, and fashion designer. She initially gained recognition as …
Vanessa Lynn Williams is an American actress, singer, and fashion designer. She initially gained recognition as the first African-American recipient of the Miss America title when she was crowned Miss America 1984 in September 1983. However, a few weeks prior to the end of her reign, she learned that Penthouse magazine would be publishing unauthorized nude photographs of her in an upcoming issue. Williams thus resigned as Miss America on July 22, 1984, and was replaced by first runner-up Miss New Jersey Suzette Charles. A few years later, she rebounded as an entertainer with the song "The Right Stuff." She then had a string of successful albums and singles and also found success as an actress.
- Born: Mar 18, 1963 (age 53) · Tarrytown, NY
- Net worth: $28 million USD (2016)
- Spouse: Jim Skrip (m. 2015) · Rick Fox (m. 1999 - 2004) · Ramon Hervey (m. 1987 - 1997)
- Children: Jillian Hervey (Daughter) · Melanie Hervey (Daughter) · Devin Hervey (Son)· Sasha Gabriella Fox (Daughter)
- Parents: Helen Williams (Mother) · Milton Williams (Father)
- Siblings: Chris Williams (Brother)