Akamai Technologies, Inc. is an American content delivery network and cloud services provider headquartered in Cambridge, Massachuset…
Akamai Technologies, Inc. is an American content delivery network and cloud services provider headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, in the United States. Akamai's content delivery network is one of the world's largest distributed computing platforms, responsible for serving between 15% and 30% of all web traffic. The company operates a network of servers around the world and rents capacity on these servers to customers who want their websites to work faster by distributing content from locations close to the user. When a user navigates to the URL of an Akamai customer, their browser is redirected to one of Akamai's copies of the website.
- Stock price: AKAM (NASDAQ) 48.33 ▲ +0.81 (1.70%)Sep 22, 4:42 PM EDT·Market Closed
- Customer service: +1 8774252624
- Founded: 1998
- CEO: F. Thomson Leighton (Since 2013)
- Founders: Daniel Lewin · F. Thomson Leighton · Jonathan Seelig · Randall Kaplan · Kent Roberts
- Subsidiaries: Prolexic Technologies · Netli· AKAMAI TECHNOLOGIES SINGAPORE PVT. LTD · AKAMAI TECHNOLOGIES SPAIN SL - · AKAMAI TECHNOLOGIES LTD · AKAMAI SALES LLC- · AKAMAI TECHNOLOGIES INDIA PRIVATE LTD. -