American Axle & Manufacturing, Inc., headquartered in Detroit, Michigan, is a manufacturer of automobile driveline and d…
American Axle & Manufacturing, Inc., headquartered in Detroit, Michigan, is a manufacturer of automobile driveline and drivetrain components and systems. AAM was founded in 1994 when a private investor group, led by Richard E. "Dick" Dauch, James W. McLernon, Raymond Park and Morton E. Harris purchased the Final Drive and Forge Business Unit from GM's Saginaw Division. In 1999, AAM went public, and is traded as "AXL" on the New York Stock Exchange. AAM has grown to supply various OEM manufacturers around the globe in the passenger car, light truck, and commercial vehicle segments.
- Stock price: AXL (NYSE) 14.16 ▼ -0.26 (-1.80%)Aug 17, 1:01 PM EDT·20 min delayed
- Founded: 1994
- Headquarters: Detroit, MI
- CEO: David C Dauch (Since 2012)
- Founders: Richard E. Dauch · James W. McLernon
- Subsidiaries: American Axle & Manufacturing, Inc · AAM Luxembourg S. · AAM Poland Sp. z o. o.· American Axle & Manufacturing Korea, Inc · American Axle & Manufacturing (Thailand) Co Ltd · AAM International Holdings Inc · AAM Poland Pro…