Southern Company is an American gas and electric utility holding company based in the southern United States. It is headquartered in Atla…
Southern Company is an American gas and electric utility holding company based in the southern United States. It is headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, with executive offices also located in Birmingham, Alabama. The company is currently the second largest utility company in the U.S., in terms of customer base. Through its subsidiaries it serves 9 million gas and electric utility customers in nine states. Southern Company’s regulated regional electric utilities serve a 120,000-square-mile territory with 27,000 miles of distribution lines.
- Stock price: SO (NYSE) 44.40 ▼ -0.66 (-1.46%)Jan 18, 11:22 AM EST·20 min delayed
- Founded: 1945
- Revenue: $19.90 billion USD (2010)
- Headquarters: Atlanta, GA
- CEO: Thomas A. Fanning (Since 2010)
- Subsidiaries: Georgia Power · AGL Resources · Gulf Power Company · Alabama Power· Mississippi Power · SouthernLINC Wireless · Southern Nuclear · Southern Company Services · Southern Telecom · SOUTHERN POWER CO · Southern Electric Gen…