Wachovia was a diversified financial services company based in Charlotte, North Carolina. Before its acquisition by Wells Fargo in 2008, …
Wachovia was a diversified financial services company based in Charlotte, North Carolina. Before its acquisition by Wells Fargo in 2008, Wachovia was the fourth-largest bank holding company in the United States based on total assets. Wachovia provided a broad range of banking, asset management, wealth management, and corporate and investment banking products and services. At its height, it was one of the largest providers of financial services in the United States, operating financial centers in 21 states and Washington, D.C., with locations from Connecticut to Florida and west to California. Wachovia provided global services through more than 40 offices around the world. The purchase of Wachovia by Wells Fargo and Company was completed on December 31, 2008. Wells Fargo acquired Wachovia after a government-forced sale to avoid a failure of Wachovia.
- Customer service: +1 800-869-3557
- Founded: Jun 16, 1879
- Acquisition date: Dec 31, 2008
- Headquarters: Charlotte, NC
- Parent organization: Wells Fargo
- Subsidiaries: Wells Fargo Advisors · Pamlico Capital · Evergreen Investments · A. G. Edwards· Golden West Financial · Prime, Inc. · Wachovia Defeasance Management II LLC · Wachovia Securities · Wachovia Development Corporation