Anthem Inc. is an American health insurance company founded in the 1940s, prior to 2014 known as WellPoint, Inc. It is the largest for-profit …
Anthem Inc. is an American health insurance company founded in the 1940s, prior to 2014 known as WellPoint, Inc. It is the largest for-profit managed health care company in the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association. It was formed when Anthem Insurance Company acquired WellPoint Health Networks, Inc., with the combined company adopting the name WellPoint, Inc.; trading on the NYSE for the combined company began under the WLP symbol on December 1, 2004. On December 3, 2014, WellPoint changed its corporate name to Anthem Inc., and its NYSE ticker changed from WLP to ANTM.
- Customer service: +1 866-791-5538
- Founded: 2004
- Revenue: $85 billion USD (2016)
- Headquarters: Indianapolis, IN
- CEO: Gail Koziara Boudreaux
- Subsidiaries: Amerigroup · 1-800 Contacts · WellPoint Health Networks · HealthLink Inc· The WellPoint Companies, Inc · National Government Services Inc · Meridian Resource Company, LLC · Priority, Inc · Empire HealthChoice HMO, Inc · AT…