Understanding Page Traffic ReportThe Page Traffic tool provides you with information on how individual pages on your site are performing in search. By default, we show data for the Last 30 Days but you can select a different date range that using the date selector at the top of the page. To view the data in different programs such as Microsoft Excel, the data can be exported to a CSV file by clicking the Export button.
Page Traffic: Combined Data from Bing & Yahoo
Whenever you see the Bing and Yahoo! icons - - in the upper-right corner, the data reflects your pages’ performance in both the Bing and Yahoo! web search results pages (SERPs).
Meaning of the Columns & their Data
The Page Traffic report contains the following columns and data:
- Page: The web address of the page on your website. Click a web address to open the Traffic Details for that specific page.
- Clicks From Search: The number of instances where searchers clicked links in SERPs to the page.
- Appeared in Search: The number of instances when links to the page were displayed in the SERP to searchers (“impressions”). When multiple links to your page appear in one SERP, each link counts as an impression.
- Click-Through Rate The percentage of impressions on a given query’s SERP that resulted in the user clicking a link to the page on your site. The click-through rate (CTR) is a common measurement of a page’s effectiveness in attracting interest from web search users.
- Avg Search Click Position The average position on the SERP in which the link to your page was clicked. A value of 1 indicates that the first search result on the SERP was clicked, a value 2 indicates it was the second search result, and so on.
- Avg Search Appearance Position The average position on the SERP in which your page appeared. A value of 1 indicates that the impression was the first search result on the SERP, a value 2 indicates it was the second search result, and so on. If more than one of your pages receives an impression on the same SERP, all of their positions are included in the average impression position.
- Search Keywords: Clicking on the View link options opens a popup window with Traffic Details for the page, showing you the keywords that drove traffic to the web page
the Traffic Details page
The Traffic Details page shows keyword, ranking, and clicks information for the selected page. To get detailed performance data by results position, you can expand a keyword by clicking the adjacent +-symbol. This will expand the information to show you more details on how the URL performed for the keyword phrase for each position it was ranked.
Switch to another Verified site
If you have more than one site registered, you can easily change which site’s data Bing Webmaster Tools shows by clicking the site dropdown list at the top of the page and selecting the site you want to see.