The Search Performance report contains information about your site performance on Bing search. You can find which pages on your site are getting most clicked and for what keyword phrases your webpages appear in search results. You can analyze this data to get useful insights which will help you drive more users to your website, for example:
- Find out for which queries you are performing well and for which ones you need to optimize your website
- See page-wise performance, find out which queries are driving traffic to specific pages
- Analyze your performance data for up to past six months to see what worked well
The overview chart helps you track the trends in the Total Clicks, Total Impressions and Average Click-Through Rate (CTR) for your website for up to past 6 months.
The data in the table might be different from the chart totals because of certain omissions from the table
This list shows you which keywords from organic, non-paid search are driving traffic to your site. For each keyword, you can track important metrics like
- Impressions: The number of times any page on your website was shown when the user searched for the selected keyword. When multiple pages of your website appear in one search result, each page counts as an impression.
- Clicks: The number of instances when the user searched for the selected keyword and clicked on the any page of your website.
- Click Through Rate (CTR): For each keyword, this represents the percentage of impressions that resulted in user clicking on any page of your website.
- Average Position: This represents the average of the different positions on which any page of your website appeared for the selected keyword.
You can also click on a keyword to see which pages from your site were served for the selected keyword and their respective performance metrics.
You can further drill down to get detailed performance data by results position. Clicking on the page in the list of served pages will show you position-wise performance metrics for selected keyword and page combination.
This table shows you list of your top performing pages on Bing search results and their corresponding metrics like
- Impressions: The number of instances when the selected page was displayed in the search results to searchers for any query. When a page appears multiple times in one search result, each link counts as an impression.
- Clicks: The number of instances where searchers clicked the selected page in Bing search results for any query.
- Click-Through Rate: The percentage of impressions that resulted in the searcher clicking the link to the page.
- Average Position: The average of the different search positions on which the page was displayed in Bing search results. A value of 1 indicates that the impression was the first search result, a value 2 indicates it was the second search result, and so on.
You can also find out and analyze keywords that drove traffic to a webpage. Clicking a page in the list will show you the list of associated keywords and corresponding performance metrics for each keyword.
To get detailed performance data by results position, you can further drill down by clicking a keyword. In the position details table, you can see how the page performed for the selected keyword phrase when it was ranked at different positions.
To view the data in different programs such as Microsoft Excel, the data can be exported to a CSV file by clicking the Download all button.
If you have recently added your site to Bing Webmaster Tools, it might take a few days before you see Search Performance data for your website. Also, since data collection starts from the time you first add your website in Bing Webmaster Tools, you cannot see backdated data.